Plantation Mint Tea


I arrived 10 minutes late to work this morning. I really hate it when that happens. Even though you call in to let your supervisor know that you won't be on time, they still give you that look of disgust and disappointment. (Eh, fuck off...! You'd think that do it all of the time, or stole some merchandise from the warehouse or something) Anyway, I knew that I was going to need a warm, cup of tea to help soothe the soul and give me some comfort on yet another rainy day.

The usual, drone-like routine; wash the mug, pour the hot water, add the sugar, stir it in, then add the tea bag, let it sit for a little while to cool off and sip... Usually I'd drink the regular Lipton Tea, but today, I had the Plantation Mint Tea by Bigelow... ahh, refreshing. This isn't the first I'm indulging in this flavor-tastic goodness, but it is the first time it tasted this way. Something about the way it hit the back of my throat, reminded me of a feeling that I long for; a feeling that I haven't felt in a long time.

The taste on my tongue sent me to a place where the air was warm and sweet, a place where twirling at any given moment is allowed. Its warmth gave me goosebumps, then began to feel like a passionate embrace. As it traveled down my throat I was reminded of the fluttering sensation in my chest and pit of my stomach, and the shortness of breath; the delicate moment right before a kiss between two lovers for the first time. The aftertaste, the remnant minty flavor, makes me miss him... I need some more tea...