I Love My Daddy!

So I'm driving to the Bank of America en route to my job to make my weekly withdrawal. I figured I'd take out the cash at that time, instead of during my lunch break, to beat the early afternoon traffic. After getting the cash, I head back to the car and mentally prepare myself for yet another long and boring day at work. I take a deep breath, put the key in the ignition... The car won't start. (exhale) For a small moment in time I was in a state of disbelief-- I turn the key again... (She's choking) GREAT! The battery died on me, AGAIN. A shrug of the shoulder later, I call my dad to let him know that my car is once again down for the count and that I'm stuck in the BofA: East Hills parking lot. "I'll head over to you after I get dressed. See you shortly," says Super Man, better known as my father.

At this time it is already 8:25AM, I'm supposed to be at my desk by 8:30AM, but I don't panic. I call my supervisor to not only let her know that my car was dead, but I (strangely enough) asked her if she would come get me. I figured because the bank really wasn't that far from the job, it wouldn't be too much of a problem. Besides, she was still on the road herself so it's not like I was inconveniencing her... completely. Thankfully, she agreed to come get my stranded, pathetic self from the bank, (how embarrassing) and I let my father know that he didn't have to take me.

About an hour later my dad calls me to let me know that he put a new battery in, and asked for directions to my job so that he can bring me back to the car. It doesn't get any better than that! I wouldn't trade my father in for the world, nor the universe! He truly is the best man to walk the face of this planet in this lifetime. I feel sorry for anyone who dares try to surpass his greatness.