We're going to see the Easter Bunny! Yay...?

So we planned on getting Phoenix's picture taken with the Easter Bunny first thing this morning. I made sure to have her fed, cleaned up, hair done and dressed early so that we can beat the mall crowd on this fine Saturday. It was approximately 10:05AM, five minutes after the mall had opened when my grandmother, mother, sister, Phoenix and myself had arrived to the photo booth, but there was no Bunny. Instead there was another family waiting for their pictures to be taken as well, they had the same idea.

Anyway, I put Phoenix down so that she can run around for a little bit and quite frankly, because she was too heavy. About a half an hour transpires and now there's a total of 4 families gathered around the booth, but still no bunny. The natives are getting restless... Right as the patience level of all the adults standing around were about to diminish, the cashier shows up and says, "The Easter Bunny will be here in a few minutes." Not exactly what we wanted to hear, but it held us over for a few moments longer. Shortly thereafter the Easter Bunny arrives with this lackadaisical, unenthusiastic disposition. Not only is this SOB late as hell, but he's got an attitude problem. The nerve of this person... Now, if I wasn't already annoyed at this situation this bunny's lack of work ethic definitely put the icing on the cake.

Well, it was finally our turn to see the friggin' bunny and at first, Phoenix was very excited about seeing him, and even being next to him. She gave him a bright smile and clapped her hands, waived and also called out to get his attention. But as we approached the bunny to take the picture, Phoenix wraps her legs around me tightly and digs her little finger nails into my shoulders. She wouldn't allow me to put her down. I've tried consoling her and telling her that he was her friend, also letting her know that it was okay and I wasn't leaving her. But nothing worked. She screamed every time I would attempt to sit her down. A bust; a total bust, a complete bust.

I forgot to mention as we were waiting for the damned bunny, we managed to schedule an appointment at Sears Portrait Studio to take Spring/Easter pictures as a back up. But by the time we get there, Phoenix is already exhausted and ready to eat AGAIN. And to make matters a little more frustrating, we had to wait an additional 45 minutes to be seen as they were short staffed. (Sigh... a deep one) So, we take some pictures, while struggling to get Phoenix to cooperate on her empty stomach and I gotta tell you, the pictures probably would've come out better if we had taken them ourselves in our backyard. There was only one picture out of the thirteen, that I really liked, but the friggin' photographer couldn't have the decency to let me know that her nose was running. So... the picture was ruined... All in all, I walked out without selecting any photos... Another bust; another total bust, another complete bust... Was that a waste of time today, or was that a waste of time today?