The Garbage Man Chronicles: The Exchange

Once again it's Friday, Good Friday as a matter of fact, and I'm at home trying to get my day started. It's approximately 9:20AM when I hear the garbage truck rumbling up the block. I already knew it was {...} because he collects my garbage on Tuesdays and Fridays. Like a schoolgirl, I wait by my bedroom window to watch as he approaches my yard, in secret. He hops out of the driver's seat, and takes his time walking toward the yard to pick up the garbage can because he sees my car parked in the driveway. He slowly takes the can over to the truck and slowly brings it back, as if he was waiting for me to run out and greet him. But of course, me being the insecure person that I am, I chose to just stay inside and watch him from afar, like a big 'ol scaredy cat.

After I get a good laugh at myself and throw some black yoga pants and a tee shirt on, I decide to go fill up my tank and run to the nail salon. My eyebrows hadn't been waxed in about 5 weeks and it was time for a change. Plus I had a cute little lunch date to attend and didn't want to show up shabby looking. As I'm driving down my block, headed toward the gas station, I notice a garbage truck headed down the block I needed to turn down. I entertain myself along way by convincing myself that it could possibly be "my guy", and we were to bump into each other yet again at Hess.

I pull up to the pump and fill up my tank, hoping that I don't see him because I'm looking a certified hot mess. My eyebrows look like squirrels and my ensemble is that of a hobo's; I need not bump into him this way. As I finish filling up my tank, I once again decide to get another RedBull. I don't know why I buy those things; they are completely unhealthy but I like the taste. As I turn to head toward the store who do I see standing at the door waiting for me but the one and only {...}. (DAMN! Why?! I look like a total crazy person?) Unable to stop dead in my tracks and run in the opposite direction, I continue toward him and say, "Hey!" He replies, "Hi. It's good to see you again." (I bet it is...)

I reach out to shake his hand, but as that was happening I ended up in the sweetest embrace of his strong arms. I know what you're thinking... 'Ew! This man handled GARBAGE all morning! WTF are you doing in his arms?! Ugh! Oh, but it was magic... Suprisingly, he smelled like Fabric Softner and Egyptian Musk and I was lost in the warmth of his body. Strangely enough, the hugged seemed very much long ovedue as if we were astranged lovers that were reunited once more. (I kill myself sometimes) Right before we let go of each other he made sure to hold me close and let out a small sound of ... enjoyment? Suddenly, I became less nervous around him and he was no longer intimidating to me.

We walked inside and chatted while we looked for our items. I searched for my 20oz. can of RedBull, while he grabbed his (Blue) PowerAde and tropical flavored Skittles. We met up at the counter again and smiled at one another bashfully, and he cashier interrupts my nirvana by asking, "Together or Separate?" As I'm reaching for my wallet, {...} offers to pay for my RedBull. At first I refused, but I soon after succumbed. Transaction over, we head for the door and he asks me as we get outside, "So, what are you plans for the weekend?" I swear my heart stopped beating. I told him, "Nothing much, just keeping it simple. Not sure if my family is doing anything for Easter." The small talk conitnued for a little while longer and we were "feeling each other out" so-do-speak.

He reaches in his pocket to take out his phone only to realize that the battery was dead. (Hmm) So he then asks me if I had a pen and paper in the car because he wanted to give me his number... I immediately forgot who or where I was when he said this to me, as I was trying not to pass out from the immature levels of excitement I was experiencing inside. I quickly pull myself together and walk towards the car, I open the door and grab my phone. I hand him the phone and tell him to program his number. As he's putting in his information, I try not to stare too hard, because he might feel the x-ray vision beams coming from my pupils. But I when I did look at him I saw that he was trembling as he was punching in the numbers and letters.

How cute is that? Could it be that he's just as infatuated with me as I am with him? We shall see...

*** LAH SOLACE ALL DAY ***