Eject the Reject!

You know I try to be nice because I, like many others I know, have a fear of rejection. I mean who wants to be turned down, embarrassed, etc.? It sometimes, depending on the situation, can be quite mortifying and could potentially scar a person. With that being said, I have a really difficult time shutting people down, especially nice people (one person in particular), when it comes down to courtship. So I try thanking them for the attention, the compliments, what-have-you, and kindly say, "I'm not interested" or something along those lines...

But one of two things happen in their brain; they either have a severe case of selective hearing and heard only the words of appreciation, or they translate the word 'interested' into 'seeing anyone, please continue approaching me in that obsessive, annoying manner in which you've initiated this interaction from!'

Honestly, there is nothing worse than constantly being "harassed", for lack of a better word, by someone who doesn't realize that I'm not biting the bait. It has gotten to the point where I'm now ignoring this person's advances and I'm beginning to lose my patience with their blatant FaceBook Status messages and they're attempt to get my little sister involved in coercing me...

If you're reading this, you know who you are... PLEASE STOP. Don't apologize or anything, it's okay, JUST PLEASE STOP. I AM NOT INTERESTED, flattered yes, BUT NOT INTERESTED. Thank you!